How would you like someone to work with you on your essay?
Rough Draft of Causal Analysis for peer review
- Clarity of Thought. Clearly defined the subject of analysis and the cause/effect that is explored.
- Critical Thinking. Can write reasonably and logically, exploring the causal relationships.
- Appropriate tone and organization for a causal analysis.
- Sources and use of sources to support the analysis with evidence.
- Appropriate title and proper use of visuals.
- The Real Black Death
- Bang, Bang, My Baby Shot Me Down
- The 21st Century Werewolf Monster
- What’s Kraken?
- The Beauty and The Gill Man
Peer edit the same way you revise your own work. Work on the global, higher order concerns, first.
Be specific in identifying problems or opportunities. Point to places in the text where you notice something. Don’t say organization is confusing, show them where it is confusing.
Use clear sentences and thoughts when commenting. Don’t just say awkward, explain what it is you find awkward.
Offer suggestions for improvement. Don’t just criticize, offer suggestions for revision.
Praise what is good in the paper. What is working well? What did you like?
Keep comments tactful. Treat another’s work the way you would like yours to be treated.
What changes are you going to make to your essay?
What have we learned about monsters over the last four weeks?
Causal Analysis Samples
The Effects of a Monster
- Columbine: A Cornerstone of Never-Ending Tragedies
- An Invisible Monster- Depression
Critical Thinking Review