What is your process of writing? Draw the scene where you write.
What is Literacy?
Literacy – the ability to read and write.
Also, competence or knowledge in a specified area.
What is a Sponsor of Literacy?
Brandt defines sponsors of literacy as “agents, local or distant, concrete or abstract, who teach, model, support, recruit, extort, deny, or suppress literacy and gain advantage by it in some way.”
Come up with 3 or 4 literacies you have learned that you can write about. Also, the sponsors that helped you to learn them.
Four Defining Traits of a Game
- Goal. The outcome that the players will work to achieve. It focuses attention and gives you a sense of purpose.
- Rules. Limitations on how to achieve the goal. It will unleash creativity and foster strategic thinking.
- Feedback System. Tells players how close they are to achieving their goal. Provides motivation to keep playing.
- Voluntary Participation. Requires that you knowingly accept the goal, rules, and the feedback. You have the freedom to enter and leave the game at will.
With these four ideas in mind, how can we apply this to college?
- Read Malcolm X, “Learning to Read” JOURNAL 1 Summary