What is Integrity? Look it up, define it, and write about it for a few minutes. Are you a person of integrity?
Integrity and Hypocrisy
What is hypocrisy? Is hypocrisy bad?
Rep. Tim Murphy from Pennsylvania.
The Bill of Rights is the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution
The Fine Art of Baloney Detection
Carl Sagan 1996 The Fine Art of Baloney Detection. Chapter 12 in Sagan (1996) The Demon-Haunted World
What Fallacies are mentioned?
Chapter 1: Critical Thinking
Chapter 2: Critical Reading: Getting Started
- What I know, What I want to know
- What my research process was and why?
- What I learned about my debatable issue in conducting this research.
- My Sources, Annotated Bibliography
An annotated bib is a works cited or references page with additional information added to each citation. You begin with the correct reference citation for your sources. For this assignment we will have at least five sources.
Here is a good explanation of citations in MLA.
Here is the format:
Author(s). “Article Title.” Source, vol. #, no. #, season year, pp. xx-xx. Database, URL.
Kong, Les. “Business Sources for Education Majors.” Education Graduate Students Journal, vol. 75, no. 4, 2014, pp. 12-19. JSTOR, http://www.jstor.org/stable/52506788.
To each entry you will add the annotation, the paragraph or two that explains the source, why you are using it, and its reliability.
Each professor you will have in the future may have specific guidelines for what to include in an annotated bibliographic entry. Always follow their instructions.
For this assignment, you should include:
- Summary of Source, 2-4 sentences
- How you are using it in your report, 1-3 sentences
- Reliability of source, 1-3 sentences
In total, you should have a short paragraph, 4-10 sentences, explaining the three points above.
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
What topics have we talked about so far?
What topics are you thinking of writing about? What do you need to research?
- Read Chapter 3, Critical Reading: Getting Deeper into Arguments
- Read Chapter 7: Using Sources
- Write Rough Draft of iSearch Essay
- Begin research for iSearch Essay