- Revise Argument Paper
- Read Chapter 21, Critical Thinking in textbook
Great work in class today everyone. Final draft of the Argument paper is due Thursday by class time. Here are the requirements again:
- 1000 to 1250 words in length.
- One featured image. You may use more to support your argument.
- Two sources minimum. One academic, one popular source. Can also conduct an interview as the popular source replacement.
- Include at least one rhetorical question.
- Clear thesis and argument. See Chapter 24
- Claims supporting your thesis and supported by evidence/research.
- Include a Counterargument.
- A conclusion with a call to action.
Use Casso (p. 70) as a model if you have any questions. Incorporate the two sources as support for your argument. Use MLA for citations and include a works cited at the end of your essay. See Purdue Owl MLA for a refresher.
Remember to use the quote sandwich: introduce the quote, quote, explain the quote.
Good luck everyone. We will be starting Eleanor & Park next week. If you have time begin reading it. Here is an audio book version on YouTube you can listen to.